just checked it out and didn't see anything I wanted but on a whim thought I'd check out Backcountry.......picked up a Bataleon Omni for $264, a very reasonable 20k in Yen and when I told them that Evo were gonna give me shipping for $100 they said that their normal shipping was $92 and expedited was $101 but if I bought now, they'd give me the express-expedited shipping for $63!! He shoots and scores!!! :D Its weird as last year Ippy had me hyped on the Bataleon's and I almost bought a Jam, this year I actually did buy a bataleon!! I was toying with the idea of the Jam but the Omni was $80 more expensive and I wanted a less stiff board so I opted for the Omni

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers for the offer SC, I just got the quote back and they are charging $125 to ship to Japan, inclusive of all charges so I think thats acceptable. $92 is teh shipping charge on their website, throw

yeah, thats where I saw it. STILL waiting for them to email me back a quote for international shipping. You can't go through with the purchase until they send you a quote by the looks of it

mucho impressed with the Backcountry people......managed to speak to an advisor online, asked him for a quote, he gace me a good deal and they got a sale. Evo on the other hand took 2 days to email me an initial quote, to which i had another question which still hasn't been answered....oh well, good service wins through :D

Cheers for the offer SC, I just got the quote back and they are charging $125 to ship to Japan, inclusive of all charges so I think thats acceptable. $92 is teh shipping charge on their website, throw in some sales tax and a small handling/paperwork fee.....thats not too bad in my opinion. so I'm gonna go ahead with the purchase

Sweet, glad you got a good deal TB!

mucho impressed with the Backcountry people......

I've had good experiences with Backcountry too. Once i bought some gloves, didn't like the inner glove style, so I sent them back and got a different pair. They were very straightforward about it and good communication.

im very very tempted to buy the riot they have in stock and try and blag your deal :)

Grats on teh omni. If i didnt have the charlie and was looking for a nice board for ripping and pow, the omni would be one of my top choices. Its actually slightly softer than the jam believe it or not, very slightly - i think its 5-6-6 on the omni but a straight 5 on the jam (bataleon now work on a flex scale instead of stiffness scale like most companies - 10 is a noodle, 0 is an oak tree).

But this is balanced by the setback, and directional shape (and if you got 2012 - which i dont think you did - its also got backseat inserts and the new freeride TBT design - well, new tbt design in general). So what you get is a slightly easier and faster board to get on edge than the jam id say and still with plenty of kick to it. But also maybe a little more easy to throw around once you get past the whole "omg! how do you ride a directional board????!?!" thing that im sure no one really has :)

Pity that riot is 155 and not the 159... or better yet the 2012 riot. Dunno why thats the only deck from 2012 they dont have. Its like a worldwide consipracy to make me pay $175 shipping for it because everyone knows im buying it :(

ETA: Should learn to read - LESS stiff board... not stiffer board. :|

yeah Ippy, thats why I went with the Omni and not the Jam. If you remember last year I had a bit of a semi for the Jam and it was actually the board that caught my eye in Backcountry, but that also linked to the Omni and I've been thinking about getting a slightly softer board to try and play around a bit more with presses etc as the board I have just now is pretty stiff. Also the Omni was cheaper (ok thats the REAL reason I got it ;) ) but i did ask the guy at Backcountry about whether you could really notice the difference between a sintered and extruded base and he reckoned it was very very hard to notice any diff.....he recommended the Jam but I went with the Omni instead (I was suspicious he wanted to claw back some of that postage!!) :)

whee! they gave me the same offer! :) Ive got a bataleon riot for $370. Sure, its a 155, sure it wont float at my weight, and sure its not a 2012 :'( with all the new tbt shenanigans, but screw it! its the board i sat holding in my hands for twenty minutes at that place in niseko trying to figure out how the hell id get it back to korea with my other 3 snowboards :)

RIOT(ing)!!! the UNBEATABLE high! Adrenaline shoots your nerves into the sky. Everyone knows, this towns gonna BLOW. And its all gonna blow... RIGHT NOW!!!

Tomorrow im homeless, but tonight its a blast :(

oooh, did it come with no extra customs shenanigans?

Oh, and after about 4 days, finally got a reply from evo about their charge. They wrote:

I understand that the shipping price does seem high, but it is quite expensive for us to ship overseas.

Unfortunately, at this time $174.49 would be the full price for us to ship that board to Japan.

Please let us know if you are still interested.

A massive F*** you to anyone outside the USA. They charge whatever they like regardless of the actual cost of shipping it.

Heres to catfunk/backcountry! My boards somewhere in japan already.

is it my imagination or is the word d o g automatically changed to cat?

But i HATE cats!

So that'll be one less nama biiru for you this weekend TB!! :lol: Seriously, that's been a really useful post as I so nearly went down the buying-from-the-US route the winter before last, but was put off by the cost of (and confusion over) importing stuff over here, so ended up buying stuff in the end of season Tokyo sales. Now I'm getting tempted again! :D