Hockey is rough but the protection the players are wear is just too good and dangerous. The shoulders pads need to be softer as do the elbow pads. Look at all the blocked shots these days. If you dont take it on the ankle you hardly feel the blow. The brain buckets have to get better take a look at the newer NFL helmets they have bubble wrapping type of stuff in them. The Sendins need to play tougher without getting into the stuff after the play.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not very well played by Boston today...bad shots throughout the 3rd. Luongo is only loved now b/c he had a shutout...Nuck fans were ready to rip his head off after the last 12 goals.

Game 6 heads to Boston, which I'm sure they'll win, so its gonna reach 7.

Still want to see Vancouver fail after 40+ years smile razz

Yep, that was a good game... even though the refs tried to steal it for Boston! (eh, norcal?)

When the Canucks outhit the other team they usually win... more evidence of that tonight! One more win to go... Vancouver in 6! (see the first post wink )

Yeah, I think there is a really good chance of a game 7... I'm pretty disappointed with the schedule though. Game 6 - Monday. Game 7 - Wednesday... why? Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to see either of those games...

Originally Posted By: norcal
Not very well played by Boston today...bad shots throughout the 3rd. Luongo is only loved now b/c he had a shutout...Nuck fans were ready to rip his head off after the last 12 goals.

Game 6 heads to Boston, which I'm sure they'll win, so its gonna reach 7.

Still want to see Vancouver fail after 40+ years smile razz

Neither team got any shots the entire game.
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Yep, that was a good game... even though the refs tried to steal it for Boston! (eh, norcal?)

When the Canucks outhit the other team they usually win... more evidence of that tonight! One more win to go... Vancouver in 6! (see the first post wink )

Refs tried to steal it for Boston? Uhhh what? That was a pretty well officiated game that could have gone either way. It's pretty obvious Vancouver was the more aggressive team and unfortunately they got a lucky stroke of a goal from Thomas. There is no way Vancouver will win at the garden, it's too "humid for them". I'm thinking maybe 6-0 this time. If only I could be back home to see the game.
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
four penalties in a row for one team in a game 5 of the stanley cup final... I have a feeling that was the first time something like that had happened. Boston is going down buddy!

Haha well I haven't seen a team more focused on hitting and less focused on putting the puck in the net, so yeah it makes sense they get four penalties in a row. If Burrows gets to touch the cup I am going to be pissed.
Originally Posted By: Chriselle
Who...whe....wha......What just happened? wakaranai

Haha Chris what did you expect? 8-1, 4-0, I'd say Vancouver did well to earn a 5-2 loss. The Garden can't be tampered with. Ever since my birth I have watched the Bruins suck (in the ORIGINAL Garden) and finally they can hang in the Stanley Cup. Going to be a great game 7 and win or lose I'm really happy to see Boston finally get to the cup. Both teams have earned their spot to be there and even though I have lost a lot of respect for many Vancouver players I still honor their position to be there.

You can tell by the style of play really. I think Kessler is really hurt. He was a monster until he more than likely ripped is groin. the hit on Mason Raymond was weird I am at odds as to if that is a bad hit. The puck was there and he finished off the hit but considering the body position of the player he maybe shouldve let the player go.

Well, it's over and done....the fat lady has sung...

Congrats to the Bruins! The better team for the series won. Certainly not one of the better game 7's I've seen over the years.