When I was skiing at Shiga Kogen in January I cam across the hotel up the top of the mountain at 2350metres. I grabbed a business card so I could look their details on the net but alas, its all in Japanese and I can not find an email contact.

I wanted to contact them to see if the family can stay there at Christmas so if anyone has an email can you post it please.

Much appreciated if you can help.

Hi, Ill give them a call tomorrow to check for you. When I spoke to him last he said they usually do the reservations by fax but I told him it would be easier for you to do it by email. Anyway I wouldnt be too worried if you havent received a reply as Im sure they will reply soon. I`ll hurry them up:)

The Bakery is really nice, they do a really nice lunch set that you should cconsider if you are skiing that end of Shiga. I wanted to buy some items to take back to my room but I was staying at the Prince hotel so it was a long way to carry bread back.

I think staying up there for 3-4 nights with my family over Christmas or New years would be very special.

Ive found out that they have closed up for the past few days as it is so quiet up there at present but are open again this weekend and you will have a reply soon.

I think you need to remember that its a small family run hotel which doesnt target overseas guests and only usually have a couple of staff at who would be confident enough to reply to an email so please dont expect a reply straight away. As for the comment "pity they dont give an arse hey" I take that pretty personally as they have helped me out on a number of occasions and they work hard and bend over backwards for their guests. As Ausi ski bum says "they are really nice people".

If you are worried about being able to get a booking, dont worry. When I spoke to the owners son earlier in the week he said they have rooms for the Christmas period.

Originally Posted By: KRUSTY
As for the comment "pity they dont give an arse hey" I take that pretty personally as they have helped me out on a number of occasions and they work hard and bend over backwards for their guests.

lol Don't be such a big girls frilly blouse.

Sounds to me like they don't give an arse.
  • SnowJapan Admin

OK I think we've had enough of this thread now.

This isn't some kind of booking service wink

Good luck with it ausi ski bum, I hope they get in contact with you.