And here they are:

http://www.zuzupopo.com/xe/?mid=catalog&category=31692

Id like to draw your attention to the Neversummer catalogue and page 12 where you will find the board I now covet.

Thats right. The SL-R has been made into a split. Now they have a big mountain split, and an all mountain split.

You mark my words. Its 2008 and the splitboard is the skate banana. smile

Well well, I've been eyeing up that Never Summer SL to pickup for next season. But now it's coming out in split crikey!

I've never heard of zuzupopo, is that a Korean retailer?

nah, ive seen it a few times when i was looking for a bataleon to buy in korea. It seems to just be info about gears.

And yeah, that SL split takes splitting away from gigantic powder/freeride boards and into something a little more playful. Pretty interesting development and why i think it might signal a bit of a change of the market.

PS. I didnt find the link, a dude on trusnow posted it up. Im just passing it on smile

• 2 weeks later...

oooh, just wanna draw your attention to the lobster catalog: http://www.zuzupopo.com/xe/catalog/33811

It turns out someone is finally licensing TBT from bataleon. Looks like the airobic, evil twin, and distortia. Its only 3 decks and on a pretty limited run, but might make for another option to get on tbt outside bataleon.

Speaking of bataleon, ive tried to find the catalog, but still no luck, still, heres some pics ive managed to find:

rhvg8w.jpg

2aes42g.jpg

x4hqig.jpg

Theyve changed a few things:

1. The tbt is changing so it now extends right into the nose and tail. That extra kick theyre talking about sounds like they might actually be adding a kind of sort of not quite rocker. Basically the contacts are still there and all, but the nose might be popping up a little bit more at the tip than it would be on todays TBT. This could be pretty huge since the one thing i found it lacked with float. Of course its still camber, but well, this might give it a definite nudge in that area.

2. Blunted tip and tail. Less area, less swing weight on spins for a looser more fun ride you can throw about.

3. Two new TBT profiles: all mountain and Jib. To quote some dude answering questions on a different forum:

Quote:
2 new TBT Flavors: Jib TBT and All Mountain TBT

Jib TBT: The triple base starts under the bindings. The center of the 3 bases is wider than on any of the other boards.

All Mountain TBT: A directional version of the Freestyle TBT where there is more angle in the nose TBT.

I like the sound of that all mountain tbt since it puts it more towards a pow orientation by the sounds of it. Wonder what it will do for turns?

4. 156 Wide twin for all you big feet guys who always wanted something more fun than the 159.

5. THREE new decks: ALL under $400. Affordable bataleon at last! A new jib deck (the disaster - softer than the AIROBIC!!! (8-9-8 flex);the 'whatever' (7 flex) (the goliaths cheaper brother); and the womens twin, feelbetter (8 flex)

5.5. Bataleon have decided to change around the meter from stiffness to flex. So 1 is a plank of wood (almost no flex), and 10 is a wet towel).

6. Goliath is now the all round all mountain deck it was always supposed to be. Its now sintered! whee! The Twin is too!

7. Speaking of the twin, a THIRD direct change to the deck (as well as tbt change) is that they've softened it up a little: the classic is 5-6-5, whilst the 2012 is 6-7-6

8. The undisputed and the omni now have 'backseat inserts': an EXTRA setback set of holes for really sitting in the ass of the board. I dunno why, but i really like this. smile Shay boarder has a pic of it that shows you they really did drop it back!

The omni is now looking like a much more serious all mountain destroyer than it maybe did the last 2 years (sitting kind of in a no mans land between the jam and the undisputed as it did).

Heres a brief breakdown of the boards most of us non park kids are looking at:

Omni: Freeride TBT, directional shape, directional flex, party pattern, reactor core, sintered base, lightning edge, triax laminate, backseat inserts, flex=5-6-6

Jam: All Mountain TBT, twin shape and flex, basalt enhanced, reactor core, sintered base, party pattern, triax laminate, lightning base, flex=5.

Riot: Twin TBT, twin shape and twin flex, sintered base, core core, party pattern, triax laminate, lightning edge, flex=4-5-4.

Undisputed:Freeride TBT, directional shape, directional flex, carbon enhanced, reactor core, backseat inserts, party pattern, triax laminate, lightning edge, flex=3-4-4.

Enemy: All Mountain TBT, twin shape, directional flex, carbon enhanced, verylight core, nano carbon hs, party pattern, basalt biax, lightning edge, flex=4-5-5.

Goliath: Freestyle TBT, twin shape and flex, core core, sintered base, triax laminate, lightning edge, precise pattern, flex=6.

Whatever: Lightning edges, TBT enhanced power pop, lively flex, freestyle TBT, twin shape and flex, precise pattern, core core, extruded base, lightning edge, biax laminate, flex=7.

Ill put up the park and womens boards if you like, but i have a feeling that only really three people care and they all want all mountain heavy duty rides. I would strongly recommend the omni or the undisputed now whereas last year id probably have just said get the jam because no matter what they wont rip the pow all that great... i reckon the undisputed is now going to MURDER pow.

Christ im excited, next year its TBT at full price. None of this dicking around waiting for sales smile

Saw this board being tested at Hintertux last Dec.

Name : Bataleon Disaster.

blunted nose, matt black. triple base starts at the binding. Slight setback and directional-ish twin. Still a lot of all mountain flavour to it. The guy who showed me said, "it´s a Jib board" and I thought "mmmmm.... an all mountain Jib?!" The test board was not wide in the waist. He was good on it, handling knee deep pow on the side and tricking off bumps.

Defo got my antenna twitching ... wink

oooh i remember you mentioning this back then. As ive mentioned probably elsewhere (several times), the airobic really shocked me at how stable it was for their "softest" board. Its a beast so its no real surprise that theyve got a solid jib deck too... still... saying that, stick a pro on a signal park rocker and theyll happy bomb a 40 degree choppy wall of ice! Nonetheless, if only they had a splitboard... Maybe a splitboard jam wink