i m a new comer and want to go for ski in first of april

dear all,

i plan to go for ski in first of april, plz let me know which is the best place to visit worship, i totally don't know how to sky wakaranai (just want to have fun).

Now i am stay in osaka, anyone have a suggestion plz let me know, thanks for the advice

cheers

You options will be a bit limited since you will be going late season. I would recommend Hakuba, Shiga Kogen or maybe Nozawa Onsen as their seasons run a bit later.

I live in Ibaraki so most of the places above aren't far out of Kanto, so maybe someone else here knows about skiing around the Kansai region

If you're skiing or snowboarding for the first time, and you're planning on a lesson, make sure they have English instructors or that your Japanese ability is up to scratch.

Basically, you are paying a lot of money to go ski-ing at the wrong time of the season. If you can get there earlier, I would say :GO NOW! when the snow is in fantastic condition all over Japan. Basically, April sucks!! You are ski-ing on either slush, or grass and mud. Your choice. Save your money and go when the snow is good - like next January..

The poster isn't coming from overseas so won't be "paying a lot of money to go skiing" and, well it depends on what your expectations are. If you are expecting to be riding nipple deep light pow, then yeah you are going to be disappointed. But I have rode in April and have been at places that have fully groomed cover with spring snow. April is still enjoyable, riding in the mountains, perhaps in a t-shirt with the sun of your face......spring skiing can be a lot of fun. Its a bit unfair to say that its def going to be grass and mud, there'll be a few resorts around that'll still have decent cover. Why are you waiting until April 1st? You live in Osaka now.....right? why can't you go soon?

as for English speaking instructors, maybe by that time it'll be ard to find them.

My first time on snow was March/April in Japan (Niseko).

It was definitely spring conditions, but as good as any day (except a blinder) in Australia.

It was great to learn on and super quiet on the slopes.

But it will depend on what the conditions/weather has been like.

Welcome to snow sports and welcome to SnowJapan.