The fleece mask I use is fine until the end of the day, when I pretty much have to crack it apart to take it off my head. It still sorta works, as in the ice cast keeps the wind from shredding exposed skin.

For fluffy powder days, what works for you?

They have neoprene ones that would match your camo gear smile

I tryed to buy one from Korea of Ebay but it never arrived a guy I boarded with this year had one and he raved about it.

I am the same as you I wear fleece.

Seemore

I have one of these full head face masks that covers all my face except my eyes and a little below them.

It is a thermal type and it keep me plenty warm. I bought it the other day actually and just tried it out on one of the coldest ski resorts in Japan (Nobeyama) in Nagano. I got it from my local sports shop.

It is a little stretchy so fits any size head and can be used as a eck warmer only or full face.

I bought one online that didn´t fit me. Neoprene with bamboo fleece. Would have been good if it fit. Gave it to my mom-in-law.

Not gonna buy one unless I try it first.

By the mean time, I just put lanolin or vaseline on my face.

I don´t feel the cold that much on my face. Probably got used to it skydiving in winter.

Originally Posted By: snowdude
I have one of these full head face masks that covers all my face except my eyes and a little below them.
It is a thermal type and it keep me plenty warm. I bought it the other day actually and just tried it out on one of the coldest ski resorts in Japan (Nobeyama) in Nagano. I got it from my local sports shop.
It is a little stretchy so fits any size head and can be used as a eck warmer only or full face.

Got one like that too, works good for me. Having said that, I tend not to go out in blizzard like conditions. Not gnarly enough.

I use a neoprene mask that also has a neck warmer that I can tuck into my jacket. It keeps me nice and toasty. I tend to go out in blizzard like conditions all the time and really love using it. They will freeze though if you are playing hard and breathing heavy at around -10C. Even frozen it tends to form a kind of shell over my face keeping all the snow and such away from my skin.

personal preference, but I love BUFFS, or any of there other branded counterparts. Like a neckwarmer but thinner, like stretchy tee shirt fabric.

They take up next to no room. I wear one on my head over my hair to cover the nasty brain freeze spot between googles and helmet, and another up over my face from around my neck. I look like I am wearing a burqa - but it works.

I carry a spare for after lunch, and if it is particularly bitter will use one with a polar fleece section attached and use that as required.

works for me.