Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Sure.
But consider the interest you are not getting for holding that amount.
Plus, you are speculating as to when the rates are going to change in the future and if that will coincide with your travel plans
I agree Jynxxy.
I have contemplated buying some Euro/Pounds now, because Papa wants to do the 3 Valleys (and we would have to visit family in the UK on the way in or out if we went that close) next Janaury. And also up for consideration is the USA... so maybe some US dollar. But really, we are more likley to do what we usually do and buy nothing until 3 days before we get on a plane! lol
Mucho Organized - we are wink

Once you get to the States, you can open a Bank of America account where you keep a minimum account balance for no account keeping cost.

You can buy USD in Australia by simply transferring to that account but you will have to consider the bank transfer fees again. That may be up to AUD50- each time. There are other methods to save on transfer fees.

That´s the only way I can think of doing it casually.

Then you use that bank card to buy other currency, If you withdraw cash, it will attract atm fees.

Originally Posted By: seemore
Hey Pete

Tried to PM but says your or my PM limit is up.
Seemore

PM's seem not to work all that often for me so email me if you can its my username (underscore between the words)at hotmail.com

See you are into new home design, looking fwd to chatting about that, just been looking at my container house designs again smile
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: CptSlow
Hmmm so are you saying its best to change our money when we get to Japan and not here in NZ?
Atm we our rates about $1 NZD to 62.96 YEN not really that great at all sadface

Nope, pretty bad here. I have only got Y7000 so far because the rates are horrid.
I did get a loaded for travel card from NZPost - put $2,500 on it in NZ$ and still trying to decide wether to change the rest here in NZ or in Japan. The card is good because it's like a debit visa but you don't pay transaction fees, only currency exchange fees