Some pics from rare moments of clear weather in a mostly snowy and low-visibility weekend.

Adatara-san, seen from afar. Adatara Kogen ski area is on the opposite side of the right-hand side ridge:

Metabo%20Oyaji_135.jpg

Lake Inawashiro seen from the top of the #3 quad at Gran Deco:

Metabo%20Oyaji_133.JPG

Urabandai Nekoma ski area seen from the top of the #3 quad at Gran Deco:

Metabo%20Oyaji_134.JPG

Urabandai Nekoma is the one across the ridge from ALTS.

The overlapping names are kind of confusing, but if you go around Bandai-san clockwise from ALTS, you will hit in order:

--Urabandai Nekoma (or just Nekoma)

--Urabandai

--Family Snow Park Bandai x2 (formerly Bandai Kokusai)

--Inawashiro Minero

--Inawashiro Chuo (physically linked to Minero and with a joint ticket available)

--Inawashiro Resort (no connection to the above two)

--ALTS Bandai (owned by the same company as Nekoma and with a joint ticket available, but not physically linked)

But I haven't been to ALTS yet.

Ive done a couple of trips to Alts - I went once in the spring a few years ago and once last season. Its a pretty decent sized resort and they have a good park if you're into that kind of thing. Its big enough that you probably won't ski all of it in one day unless you really try. Its one of the bigger resorts in the area so its quite popular - might be a bit busy on weekends but nothing to worry about. I think they charge 1000 yen for parking. You can get a 300 yen discount ticket for lunch if you buy from a combini nearby. If you are staying more than 1 day its also worth checking out Urabandai Nekoma on the other side of the mountain.

Yeah i went up a few years ago in March. I enjoyed it but it hadn't snowed for a bit, think it would be pretty good after a decent dump. Like Gary says if you love park, then you'll love Alts, if not then hope for a bit of snowfall