Hi all I'm off to Niseko in late January and after some advise as to whether it possible to rent ski boots to suit my size 13 (US) hoofers.

I live in WA so should I need to actually buy some boots the chance of me trying something on for size is virtually non-existent.

Thanks for any assistance.

Not sure about up in Niseko, but down in mainland Japan trying to find anything bigger than a 29 / size 10.5? is near impossible.

I too have big feet size 12, so I bought my own boots.

Like thursday said, email, call them first!

Originally Posted By: snowdude
Not sure about up in Niseko, but down in mainland Japan trying to find anything bigger than a 29 / size 10.5? is near impossible.
I too have big feet size 12, so I bought my own boots.
Like thursday said, email, call them first!

before I got some new skis, I had great troubles finding rental skis that had bindings able to accommodate my size 12 boots here on the Mainland. so yeah as stated above, definately email, call them first!

G'day Toxteth.

Before I bought my own gear I had found rhythm snow sports in hirafu were really great to deal with! Flick them an email and they will be able to help you out. Otherwise get a set on ebay from the states. If they don't fit, re-list.... DC and Burton are pretty true to their sizes. (or are you talking about ski boots?)

I am moving to WA from QLD in Feb. I will certainly be using the new Air Asia flights to Japan when we move over. How good!!

Cheers,

Dave

Originally Posted By: jetpilot000

I am moving to WA from QLD in Feb. I will certainly be using the new Air Asia flights to Japan when we move over. How good!!

Wouldn't get too excited about the AirAsia saving. Once you factor in luggage cost (taking your own kit) it works out a simular price to other airline. I would also take a 9hr direct flight (qantass) over a 16hr flight with stop over for an extra $200...but thats just me.
Originally Posted By: jetpilot000

Cheers,
Dave

There is quite the little ski/board community in Perth - we shall welcome you to Sandgropper world.

Agree with Schneebored - the only way to get to Tokyo is the overnighter via Qantas. Crappy plane or not it is the quickest and least painful.

I gather from your screen name you also wake board - welcome from that community too wink