Japanese to China Tourism dropping

I cant really see anyone in China even blinking, most wouldn't even know its happening. The Japanese ski industry should be glad that the Chinese have started to let what happened in Manchuria go. Other wise no one would go, especially from the NE where I'm at. The old locals here cant believe I go to Japan.

I don't think the Japanese give 2 hoots about whether the Chinese come over here. Its only really Niseko that they flock to, Honshu resorts don't rely on them for numbers AFAIK. I was talking to a Japanese friend (of a friend) the other day about Nseko and he said that he'd heard it was full of Aussies and that loads of aussies had property there. I agreed with hm then told him that apparently Chinese were now buying up lots of property there and travelling over.....he didn't like that!!

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I don't think the Japanese give 2 hoots about whether the Chinese come over here. Its only really Niseko that they flock to, Honshu resorts don't rely on them for numbers AFAIK. I was talking to a Japanese friend (of a friend) the other day about Nseko and he said that he'd heard it was full of Aussies and that loads of aussies had property there. I agreed with hm then told him that apparently Chinese were now buying up lots of property there and travelling over.....he didn't like that!!

Chinese are coming to Hakuba in more and more numbers. Chinese New Year is a crazy time for the hotels, restaurants and ski schools.

I heard the Chinese also love going to Naeba.