With thursday, it all ends up as food thread lol

hijack

here's Ruth.

She loves eating with us at the table. Sometimes she comes for brekkie, dinner, it depends on what we cook.

Basically, they get fed what we eat. None of that rubbish pet food. Organic vegie, pasta, rice, fish, chicken, chocolate cake ... some food are toxic for rats. I tell you what, they have developed very good taste buds.

Jynxx_7.JPG

Seriously she has a good eye sight. She can see me from a few meters away and can jump up on my shoulders when I'm on my knees. Rats are supposed to be short sighted. Because she can see, she doesn't get too scared about people moving about.

I'm quite impressed about her table manners. She will patiently sit in that position without jumping on the table.

Their favorite food is avocado at the moment.

They like chewing on cables when it's live, cos they can hear high frequency oscillation.

I have unusual hearing range, too and I don't really like living in a faraday cage meaning rooms with electrical wiring. Constant hum ... Rats have a very high hearing range they laugh at about 50,000 Hz. No I can't hear that high up, you need an oscilloscope to see it.

Like dogs, they do like chewing on things that's not too hard, but soft.

Feeding electrical cables?

Tonight's Rat's menu ...

Chicken breast sashimi.

capsicums

chives

carrot

rock melon

cooked basmati rice

probably a better diet than some of you guys,. Anyone eating plastic noodles?