Just heard a shocking story from back home.

My best friend was due to get married next week. He has been with the girl for 10 years and they have been living together for the last few years - she is 4 months pregnant.

Yesterday, he was back home at his parents doing some preparation for the wedding when the police came round. Their news was - she had just been killed in a car accident. Not sure on the details of the accident.

Hard to imagine just how devastating such news can be, but as you can imagine they are distraught.

Something similar happened to someone I know a few years back.

He to-be husband was killed by a drunk driver crashing into him going through red lights.

She hasn't really recovered, it shattered her life.

I hope your friend can pick up some pieces sooner than later.

sadface

I always think about these stories when I see some asshole driving stupid to show off. I suspect that driver doesnt feel so macho and cool anymore, with blood on his hands and a long jail term ahead of him.

Heard more of the story, from my friend.

Apparently, her friend was taking her out for lunch. Her friend and boyfriend that is, the boyfriend has a sporty bmw. So the three of them went in this guys car round country lanes. He was "showing off" a bit, lost control and did a few flips.

All three died.