Mine is the 120 yen Japan Times! Make that the 160 yen Japan Times!

Great for stuffing in boots to dry them and excellent for laying in the boot of the car to take the durtly boots home. Wouldn't be without my news paper.

Whats yours?

A wooden rack worth about 500 yen. Usually it sits in the corner of your room along the wooden strip that runs along the top of door frames but with a bit of ingenuity put 2 screws into the ceiling above my beast heater and hang it up = instant gear drying rack. The record for the most peoples gear drying is 8 and damn did my house stink.

No it wasnt actually but they came a close second with 7 peoples gear drying. However they would definately get the smelliest gear award, at one point it smelt like something had died in the genkan. The 8 people were the Christmas squatters, stayed for about 9 days and damn was everyones gear manky after epic powder riding every day.

Mogs, it would have to be the cheapo wine knife I got at the 100 yen shop.

Even though I have better ones, I've used that one over 30 times already this year!

I should note that the wines I'm drinking these days are in the same price range as the opener.

\:D

hmmmm. Mine would be my little multi-tool the I paid 100 yen for from the 100 yen shop. I actually have a few of these now.

I reckon the best bit of cheap kit would be one of those silly 'got a cold' masks that the natives wear when under the weather. I expect that it would be very handy on the chairlift when it it blowing one of those sand blasting ice blizzards.