Apparently that was the winning diakon's weight in a competition in Hiroshima this week.

Do they taste OK? These giant fruit and veggies or is it all about growing the biggest even if they are inedible?

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Apparently that was the winning diakon's weight in a competition in Hiroshima this week.

Do they taste OK? These giant fruit and veggies or is it all about growing the biggest even if they are inedible?

Next time you are here order a daikon salad or nimono..love the daikon. yummy

Actually I am hanging out for a good daikon salad!

Will be heading to Tokyo, then immediately up to Nagano this time next week - yummy yummy!

clap yummy

Wonder what else I can find to eat... maybe some Ekiben obento on the Nagano Shink biggrin

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
I can never see the appeal of the cold bento complete with little green pieces of plastic (wtf are they anyway?)

Plastic grass, meant to emphasise the "natural" nature of the product - doesn't work.

Yup, see them here in bigger form, as separation items between the trays of meat in the butcher shops. Still doesn't work!

Do I like them....don't know never had one! That's why I want to try.

I do enjoy making my own Bento every now and again - and yes - I have fake grass separators - it is to keep one thing off the other (rather than using glad wrap I suppose).

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
I can never see the appeal of the cold bento complete with little green pieces of plastic (wtf are they anyway?)

Whaaaa? That's plastic? Nevermind... doh

I think you will have a case there!

Don't you just love the silly messages like "Warning - Hot" on coffee (and at a place like Costa Coffee, it isn't even usually that hot!)

I love the facty that takeaway cappuccinos here in Oz MUST, by law, have a lid fitted, even if I'm gonna drink it in the store, because some fruitcake sued over a cappuccino that was spilled by some eejit drinking it while driving.

FFS! what ever happened to "common" sense?