zwelgen and i are using my two free passes from sj (superthanks!!) and we can choose from happo, tsugaike, or iwatake. so, what do you recommend? don't really want to go to happo bc i've been there a few times already this year, but if the other places suck, will go anyway.

also, anyone fancy meeting up? i'm going to be bringing my camera (yeah i finally got a sweet sony dcr-trv18...should have posted an update to my dv camera thread) so i want to record some cool tricks. drop me or zwelgy a line...

thanks!

nekobi, I went to Iwatake last Weds. I had the choice to go to Tsugaike too but the reviews didn't seem that good.

I had one of the best days of my season at Iwatake - loved the place. There isn't much challenging terrain there, but there are lots of good cruisy runs and treeless off-piste 'domes'. It's really well laid out and easy to get around, and they fill the gondola up very efficiently too, so whole mountain runs are good.

There are jumps and toys dotted around the edges of many of the runs, and the park also has some good kickers and bumps.

For a fun day out with jumping, it can't be beat. (See my Journal and pics.) Snow conditions at the bottom might be a bit sorry this week, but they would be anywhere in Hakkers.

Have a good one. I wish I could join you, but I think I'm going to go local tomorrow.

So I guess Tsugaike it is! Always nice to go somewhere new for a change. Wouldnt have a clue where it is though, it should be an interesting day! Esp as Neks just got back and she is as drunk as a skunk. he he he :p

right i am not writing in the 3rd person--- zwelgen was sneaky and signed on as me.... but yes i am drunk as a skunk... dont you just love enkaisssssssssss except when you find skeletons in your closet!!!

Tsugaike looked LAME on the map and so we decided to go to Happo until we woke up, saw the rain, saw the forecast and decided that riding in the rain wasnt worth it, we werent that snow starved. So stayed in our pjs and watched vids all day. strangely enough it was just what I needed.