Originally Posted By: Jynxx
What's your idea of a real job, JA ?
Is it something you take it seriously, or is it a means to an end?

I didn't mention the word "real", but a job is anything that requires you to be somewhere, and do something for reward. As I mentioned, the abattoir job was a "fill in" job while I awaited the results of my final exams.

@TB, crabby? Yeah, maybe. But I'm still alive and having some fun (although I'd enjoy things much more if I could be sliding on fluffy white stuff).
Originally Posted By: Go Native
If there's anything I've ever learned over the years having a real job and making money is no path to happiness, at least for me. Tried it and hated it. Find what really makes you happy in this life and aim to do more of it. Working has never made me happy, it's just a means to an end. If it takes a year or 3 or more off to search for what really makes you happy then it's time very well spent.

For the last few years of my teaching career, I was being paid to do what I'd have done for nothing. I was NEVER going to tell the boss that, though, or they'd have tested me out, and I had a need for the money.

Problem for me is even when I've had jobs doing things I actually enjoy, the fact that is was a job and I had to come in everyday whether I felt like it or not kind of ruins it for me. I just don't like working for a living, never have! lol