Similar thing happened once driving down the Chuo. Our ticket slid into the air vent because my buddy thought the vent was a better place to keep it then... I don't know... maybe the dashboard. Anyway, when we got to the toll we told the old guy working what had happened and he actually produced some homemade tool he had fabricated custom built to extract tickets from air vents! Saved a lot of time that we would have wasted trying to convince them of where we were coming from!

this one time I was on a London flight, belly full of champs all through the waking hours and then had a double whisky to help me sleep a few hours before landing. It turned out I had the double 30 mins before landing and I was pissed more than an Irish priest.

Got to Avis to collect the car, drove it to the gate, and had mislaid the form to release the car. Searching for about 10 mins and you should've seen the line of cars behind me.

Well anyway, it was in my pocket. I'm sure the dude knew I was drunk.

I was at Norn (Minakami) on Sunday and I had saw the traffic on the highway before I got on. I took the route 17 down to Shibukawa and then the 353 back through Akagi and Kiryu. I beat my friends (in a separate car) home by an hour, and they took the highway.

Good times.

• 2 weeks later...

Reviving this thread to ask: how about in the opposite direction?

The driveplaza website says to expect a trip from Ooizumi to Numata to take 1.6-2 times longer than usual on a Saturday morning between 7 and 8 AM, say (80 min -> 130-160 min). Does this comport with folks' experiences?