Planning to travel from New Chitose Airport to Hirafu by bus on Sat 30 Jan at about 1330. Do I need to pre book bus tickets on either of these lines for the trip? or can I easily rock up to the bus booking counter in the arrivals hall and get a ticket then.

I have tried to book on line but their on-line booking pages are predomately in Japanese.

You should be ok. We never reserve in advance. It might be a bit busier because it's a Saturday... if you contact your accommodation surely they call ahead for you to make a reservation. You don't need to pay in advance to secure a seat so they'll just have to call the bus company and give them your name.

Mama, it was January 2006 when we last left Niseko.

I think Whiteliner was operated by Good Sports then. We used them because they were the quickest trip back to Chitose for a late morning flight to Osaka.

Whiteliner/Goodsport stop on the way to Niseko, but not on the way back, they run an excellent service and to answer the question above, yes book the seat on line then pay on the day. Why would you travel all the way from Australia and not have the bus ticket covered. They do get very busy at times and how would you feel sitting there wondering what to do next.

Whiteline drop off at the Welcome Centre in Hirafu, when you get close to Hirafu, phone your lodge and they will come get you.

When I travel I have every single step booked and covered, by leaving anything to chance or someone else will always generally will be the things that go wrong.

You should see my trip file for this years trip.

We have ended up going with Donan, I rang our lodge the other day and they were very helpful and have made a call for us and booked our seats. Ended up going with Donan as they have the 'Nesiko Bus Pass' option that get you a free 8 Hr lift ticket included in the cost, so that should cover our first day on the mountain

I did do a double check and It says its the Nesiko All Mountain pass.

So fingers crossed. I will post once we have arrived and have the ticket in our hot little hands.