Hey,

I stupidly turned down one from this site a few years back and have regretted it ever since. :sad:

Trouble is, in Japan, am having trouble finding one and kinda looking into getting more BC this season, after getting the basics of riding switch down last season.

Has anyone got any recommendations on what to look for/buy?

IF youre just venturing into BC, why invest that much into a split when you can pick up snowshoes for 1/4 the price. I assume you already have everything else? ...which can add up to 3-6man depending on the quality of beacon you have. Get a digital (if you are in the market).

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
IF youre just venturing into BC, why invest that much into a split when you can pick up snowshoes for 1/4 the price. I assume you already have everything else? ...which can add up to 3-6man depending on the quality of beacon you have. Get a digital (if you are in the market).

This is true, but if you want to spend the money it is worth it to pay for the split board Rob. We have a friend who splits with us and one who uses snowshoes. Needless to say when we are doing 2,000+ vert days we don't bring the guy with snowshoes. It is much more efficient to splitboard. If you are mainly staying in under hour hikes I would say go snowshoes.

With that said, definitely voile Rob. They also sell kits to make your own splitboard which is something I would recommend. That way you can get a bigger true twin board and hike up any and everything.

Burton also makes a board called the S series which is more geared towards riders who are going to shred deep pow. Something worth checking out.

For beacons, digital is nice but if you know and are used to an analog style it isn't a problem. I can find someone just as fast because I am used to the sound of mine and have used it quite a bit. Digital tends to run quite a bit more.

Because I am looking into getting a new snowboard this season, I did think about snowshoes BUT my feet are kinda large, size 30 JPN, UK12, and the ones in the shops have been a bit too small for me.
Originally Posted By: RobBright

Because I am looking into getting a new snowboard this season, I did think about snowshoes BUT my feet are kinda large, size 30 JPN, UK12, and the ones in the shops have been a bit too small for me.

I've got a couple of tennis rackets you could tie to your feet