So, everyone at home seems to be talking about Avatar, I want to see it. But obviously can't in Niseko. I know there is a cinema in Otaru, but can't understand the site.

Does snyone know if a) they are showing Avatar, B) if it is dubbed or subtitled.

Thanks

I went to see it in Otaru yesterday. There is a dubbed and subtitled version, make sure you see the subtitle one.

Showing times for the subtitled version are;

11:15

14:25

17:35

20:45

If you are getting the train there don't get off at Otaru station, go on 2 stops more to Otaru chico station. The Wing Bay shopping centre and Mycal cinema is right beside this stop.

Originally Posted By: Go Native

If you are getting the train there don't get off at Otaru station, go on 2 stops more to Otaru chico station. The Wing Bay shopping centre and Mycal cinema is right beside this stop.

Thank you for that little bit of information - I always get off at Otaru Station and walk to Wing Bay!! doh

Warning:

A utopian planet inhabited by blue aliens is the ideal setting for a bit of cinematic escapism.

But the world of the sci-fi epic Avatar is so perfect the line between fact and fiction has become somewhat blurred.

Movie-goers have admitted being plagued by depression and suicidal thoughts at not being able to visit the planet Pandora.

Set in the future when Earth's resources have been depleted, director James Cameron's film tells the story of a corporation trying to mine a rare mineral.

The humans clash with the natives - a peace-loving race of 7ft tall, blue-skinned creatures called the Na'vi, who exist in perfect harmony with nature.

Fans have flooded the internet with their confused feelings. On the site Avatar Forums, the topic 'Ways to cope with the depression of the dream of Pandora being intangible' has more than 1,000 posts.

In a similar forum, one user wrote: 'When I woke up this morning after watching Avatar for the first time yesterday, the world seemed grey. It just seems so meaningless.

'I still don't really see any reason to keep doing things at all. I live in a dying world.'