Hey guys, heading niseko way mid january for the first time (hopefully the first of many) and just have a couple of questions. Apologies if they are re-posts but I did a trawl of the old threads and couldn't find any answers.

Firstly, I'm going to buy a grand hirafu two week pass instead of a niseko united pass just to cut down on costs, just wondering if I will still have access to a back country gate, and more importantly, be able to hike the peak?

and second, I'm taking my 18 year old brother with me,who might I add looks alot older than my 22 years and is about 6'5, and my question is about drinking. I know the legal age is 20, but how much is this enforced in the area ? Not really that important, as I'm focused on snowboarding till I can't walk, but I'm sure we'll feel like a little apres ski here and there.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Keep shredding, Brynski.

The Hirafu pass does allow you access to the King #4 lift from which you climb the peak. You can access some great slopes down towards Hanazono but you won't be able to head down the Annupuri bowls.

If he doesn't look young then your brother should be fine.

The adults in our party are all skiing on Grand Hirafu passes - when we are heading to Annupuri or Higashiyama we simply buy a ticket - either a day pass or a 12 point ticket dependent on what we are doing. Tix are electronic so I make sure I keep my pt tickets in my leg pocket (ankle) until I cross over to where my Grand Hirafu pass wont work.

We have provided our grommets with All Mountain passes for two reason - got a sharp deal anyway, and if they inadvertently get stuck on their own on the wrong hill they can get back.

As for drinking - my 16 and 17 yr olds didn't get in until 2.30am for New Years - I do believe Jaegerbombs, and Beer were a part of their night. They have not been questioned yet.

I'd really sugges the United pass. What is a few Yen for the convenience of go where you please?

And the drinking??

You better watch out, you better not cry, you'd better watch out 'cos I'm telling you why.

a few yen? I believe it works out to be a bit over 400 dollars aud for grand hirafu and over 800 dollars for the united ? a fair difference for a traveler on a budget, like myself. And I'm not sure what your last comment meant...do you work at a bar? cheers.

Originally Posted By: brynski
And I'm not sure what your last comment meant...do you work at a bar? cheers.

don't worry mate, no one know what any of Thursdays comments are about!! lol
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
it costs exactly 47,000Â¥ (1000Â¥ is a deposit you get back) I've been boarding almost everyday for 2 weeks now and still have about 15 hours left.

Nice that seems to be the way to go biggrin

Yeh I was also looking at the 50 Hr pass black mountain..seems like another good option. The only downfall I guess would be that It would prove costly to run out of hours before my two weeks there is up and have to buy another pass..Last season I had a penchant for staying on the hill alllllllll day. Have you been skiing/boarding alot on this pass blackmountain ?

Some in our party got the 50hr all mountain pass, but they have not been over to Annupuri or Higashiyama even as much as we have. 2 years ago I got the All Mountain and NEVER went anywhere other than Hirafu and Hanazono. Waste.

This time we got a sharp deal on a 28 Day Grand Hirafu 'Season' Pass, and a Senior High Schooler Season Pass for the teenagers. It has saved us about $400 AUD each for the adults, and for the 17 yr old who is coming back in Feb the saving is closer to the 4 figures! The best deal we got for the littlies was a 21/24 day All Mountain

We bought a 5 hr Annupuri Pass when we went over there yesterday, and the previous time when we rode over the top we bought a 12 pt All Mountain pass. Still way ahead.

IF HOWEVER we came back again for this long I think we would get All Mountain passes because we are getting more and more adventurous and quick to get around.

Work out what you think you will do, and buy accordingly. Everyone is different.