Isn't it crazy how fast time passes? Those weekends in the middle of the winter just seem so long ago now, don't you think?

I remember last year - we were just learning still and had only gone 6 times when the season basically ended for us at the end of March. I remember thinking "damn - 8 more months to go until we can go snowboarding again". But then we got our jet skis out of the garage, and went every weekend until mid November, and were snowboarding again on 30 November. Time flew by, and we didn't think much about snowboarding until Octoberish.

The key is having multiple hobbies that are a lot of fun, then going hardcore when the each season starts. Makes for a lot less "downtime" doing nothing, and makes life a lot more fun...

Went for my first hike of the year and felt a twinge of sadness at having to walk rather than fly down the hill. On the upside I'm enjoying a more settled life which doesn't involve the winter commute. BBQ in the park Sat, family round for dinner Sun, and soccer on Mon-off season life is ok.