This year, Minakami Kogen has an early bird discount for season pass for only 10,000 J.Yen.

There is not much info about this resort, i.e. only one reader review.

Any opinions? Would this be worth a season pass?

Well, if you want to go 3 or more times yes.

However, I probably won't go this season one and I live relatively closeby. It's a small place. Snow is often ok though. Not much else to say! Previously a Prince place.

The ski area has two decent runs for advanced skiers and seeing as it is the last resort on that stretch it is not too crowded so can be good fun. Has good snow due to the altitude.

Good family resort if you live in or near Tokyo and want to teach kids or learn to ski/ride. I often see foreign families from Tokyo there in winter. An expert skier would get bored.

The hotel has been refurbished, good onsen and decent food, nice area up on the top floor.

The residences there are incredible Probably not too many places in Japan like it and no one really knows about it.

Good golf courses if you prefer that.

(This is resort is in the same group as Niseko Village)

That is being extremely generous!! Advanced skiers would get bored on the lift before getting in the first run just by looking at it!

I don't believe the 10,000 yen includes stays at the refurbished hotel. wink

News announcement dated 28 September on their website states that ladies age 18-24 are free every day.

According to the PDF they posted on November 21, the season is expected to run until March 28, 2010 depending on weather conditions, etc.

They also have a package with 1 night lodging, 2 meals, for an extra 10,000 yen, blackout dates apply and extra surcharge for night before holiday, i.e. on Saturdays.

My friend who is a beginner snowboarder was asking about this resort.

Thanks for the comments everyone!