Just haven't got around to it. You can't miss something that you've never had! Of course I'd like to learn but the problem now is when will I have the opportunity to do it? Can't take the lessons here as my Japanese isn't good enough and I'm rarely at home to take there....so I ain't driving anywhere! I ain't a POM either!! wink

I drove without a license at 15. With a provisional at 16, got my bike then car license at 17. Can't live without the choice to do what I want to do.

No had a crash though, but prob because my sis crashed dad's BMW before I got my license.

Why were they angry?

Were you driving drunk? Doing something really stupid that caused the accident?

Even so - I reckon my overwhelming emotion would be relief that my kid was not hurt, and gratitude that they lived thru the experience without life altering injuries.

I never get it when parents (my peers) get all up in their kids faces about stuff, and then wonder why the child lies to them, and doesn't call them for help when they are in trouble.

I haven't really had an accident. I did have a couple of scrapes when I worked as a mechanic (very small spaces and troop carriers don't mix) but I've never had an accident in my own car. I wouldn't want to either, because the likelihood is that I'd be going at a great rate of knots.