newhere

Bit of history:

- newbie skier - I was working in Canadia a couple years ago and managed to get some weekends skiing in. I liked it.

- I've lived most of my life in Australia, most of it in QLD - I just don't have much cold weather experience

- I'm a big boy - I buy XL/XXL type stuff in Oz

- I can afford gear, even if I need to buy it, money should not be too much problem (though I'm not rich or anything), it's availability I'm concerned about.

I have been wandering around in China for the last three months. Traveling light, having a blast. Don't really wanna go home, don't have to, so I'm not gonna. razz Been thinking about hopping on over to Japan (Niseko) in December to go fall over some more on the slopes. I'm looking for some advice on the ski-wear department.

So, as above, I travel light and I've been traveling in China in late summer/autumn. I am not kitted out for skiing. Hence this post to ask your advice.

What do you reckon about the prospects of me being able to rent some gear in my size range up at Niseko? Looking at the rental stuff from ski shops and stuff, they seem to rent ski pants and jackets as well as the normal ski/boots/poles setup - but I was a bit worried they might not be able to go the larger sizes?

Cheers,

Wom.

There are a few Western rental companies now operating in Niseko already so they should stock larger sizes. Google ski hire Japan/Niseko and see what comes up. From there contact them and see what they have got. If you book now you should be OK.

G

• SnowJapan Admin

Hey all I was doing was pointing out that we have listings here on this very site. Relevant info, companies wanting their info out there, supporting SnowJapan and readers supporting SnowJapan by using that info. Who's not to be happy?

slap wink