Yes.

The AU$ is doing well and the current stimulous package encourages us to buy new cars,

Just picked up the new VW EOS Convertible for Mrs Seemore.

$55,000 AU nice car lots of good features.

Car is filthy, scratches and seal deterioration sales person dosen't know how to react, sales manager can't even speak, DP says we should accept the car as is as we will fix it.

Don't ever buy a car from Wangara VW would expect buying a can of coke from local deli would be a better experience.

Hope this pops up on google pricks.

oh h.e.l.l.o ....!

Seems that car salesmen and services right throughout WA are rotten to the core then.

I have a Chrysler Voyager (Dodge Caravan in the US) - my 3rd. The first we bought at Mountway Melville and stopped getting the car serviced there due to poor customer service and crap servicing - and moved on up to Chellingworth.

We bought the last 2 Chryslers from Chellingworth, and 2 Porsches. They were fantastic. About a year ago the service and servicing started to slide with the Chrysler side, but Porsche still had the goods. NOW - they both suck. They have laid off the staff who knew what they were doing and how to look after a customer and are losing their customers as a result.

Papa had a big failure of his electrics on his 2 yr old Porsche - was told it was not covered under warranty and charged almost 2grand...Papa asked them to call Porsche Australia to make sure as it did not seem right, they said they did, but sorry no go - cough up the dough. He paid. Car is still not working properly - they fixed it, but only temporarily - he is now having to drive it PMS off manually. Before realizing it was not fixed Papa rang Porsche Australia about the bill, and they were horrified. It was covered - and they organized a refund for us, which they had to chase up a couple of times. They told Papa that if they could switch to another dealer in WA they would, as they are having nothing but trouble.

Today Papa suggested we also give Chrysler Australia a call about the brakes issues I have been having - coz Chellingworth are just pathetic.

I feel your pain Seemore. Moral of the story is - if anyone wants to start a GOOD, service oriented car dealership in WA - they will CLEAN UP! I don't mind paying for good service - which is why Chellingworth - the highway robbers - always got our money. We are looking around for someone else to give our dosh to now though... Clearly Wangara VW are not the company for us wink

Here in Japan it's useless buying a new car as they depreciate in vlaue so quickly and 2nd hand cars are just ridiculously cheap. I've never spent more than 4 grand on a car here and usually turn them over every 2 years rather than getting the shaken done.

VW seem to be crap generally, I know a few people with a VW and they seem to always be having trouble.

As long as I am in Japan I will never never never buy a non-JP car, I think it is just ludicrous to buy german or whatever unless you are after something really high end.