Well I know a few channels have been so far, but from tomorrow there's about 70 channels going HD on Skyperfectv.

So for people who have it and a hd tv, might be worth a change of package. Pretty much all of the movie/drama channels that we probably watch from time to time (AXN, Fox, Super, movies channels etc) but curiously not BBC or CNN.

Anyway thought I would just mention it.

Got a question about this lot.

e2 is really easy to record from as it uses the same satellite/whatever as BS. So the digital records pretty much come with at least 1 of those tuners in them.

I can understand how Skyperfect uses a different satellite, but why don't makes pack the tuner into the machines like the bs one? It's inconvenient and makes it more difficult to record.

I find the whole sky/e2 setup pretty confusing in general actually.

As e2 shares the same dish as BS, which is in most of the machines, I presume that's the reason. Funny thing is, e2 and skyperfect are actually the same company but it is fairly complicated.

it used to be (relatively) simple:

- e2 = 'the new one with bs/cs on one dish, and some HD channels'

- skyperfect = 'the old one with no HD and more channels'

then came hikari to confuse you more, and now they are blurring the lines yet again - ARRRGGHH!

Here's my summary for the moment

skyperfect is best as most of the decent channels are now in hd.

BUT

you are more restricted in recording/viewing, by that I mean with e2 and the 2 tuners in the machines you could be taping two at the same time or watching one and recording another. with just the one external tuner you are limited to the one at a time and when it's recording you can't watch another.

Now in reality though you can time it to avoid any time clashes and it's not as if most people watch it THAT much. lol

It's just of those small niggling minuses that you got to live with along with the pluses ... why does there always seem to be some minus?