• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: KRUSTY
Hopefully the more expensive yen and downturn in the economy will help keep the Bogan's away this season. Noticed a large increase in the amount of Bogans these past couple of seasons in paticular. Not all but a lot of these groups of guys seem just interested in coming to get on the piss and causing trouble with little interest in the snow. Some of them were good to talk to when they werent pissed.
Moste seemed to really be interested in the fireworks they got at the 7-11 and setting them off inside the bar and at each other. Usual stories of running up the street showing off their Tatts, starting fights and generally being agro. Bogans/meatheads/yobbo's or whatever you want to call them is the reason why a local bar closed down for a while mid way through last season because they had enough of the trouble. Hopefully less of the clowns next season.

Did the Niseko crowd venture south last season?

I was on a bus with a large group of them. Bearded 40 somethings with a liking for lots of beer with lots of wine. The piss stop half way through the journey saw them melting most of the powder piles beside the carpark. Nice. Loved it more when they couldn't hold on any longer and cleared some bushes at the Nikko before they got to Hirafu.

Yeah T.B it was in Hakuba. They only hung out in a couple of areas of town so easy enough to avoid but not the usual type of people who go on overseas ski/boarding vacations. I had heard stories about Niseko and some of the problems up there and had thought the dropkicks wouldnt make it here but they did.

Bogan Definition.

Usually some one who has grown up in a lower socio economic family, sometimes aligned to trailer parks in the USA.

In Australia they have a preference for wearing plaid western shirts, mumble pants ( ski pants )or tight black jeans, ugg boots or desert boots ( black seude ankle boots with caterpillar tread ) or pyjamas and slippers. they tend too smoke hi tar cigaretttes ( Winfield Blue or Red )and drink cheap beer (VB or Emu Bitter) the women may have facial hair but this is only in the extreme and they are very promiscous,

In the eastern states they are called westies as they normally come from inland communities and are competent in farm yard activities. They live a very simple life of drinking, fornicating, fighting and child rearing.

They attend B (Batchelor) & S ( Spinster ) Balls and are renowned for there party attitude to life.

I do admire these people and there simplistic views on life and sometimes miss my youth growing up in Bogan's ville Midland/Bassendean.

I would be interested whether they have similar class structures in Japan.

Seemore

Originally Posted By: KRUSTY
Yeah T.B it was in Hakuba. They only hung out in a couple of areas of town so easy enough to avoid but not the usual type of people who go on overseas ski/boarding vacations. I had heard stories about Niseko and some of the problems up there and had thought the dropkicks wouldnt make it here but they did.

There's nothing worse than a bogan with access to money and a passport.

I'm afraid that my second son is turning into a bogan sadface

Its definitely not his upbringing or intelligence. unfortunately its the friends he has associated with at school.

Is there surgery or something I can get done to him, or would it be in his and my best interests to just have him put down? lol

Originally Posted By: gareth_oau

Its definitely not his upbringing or intelligence. unfortunately its the friends he has associated with at school.

Is there surgery or something I can get done to him, or would it be in his and my best interests to just have him put down? lol

lol
This too shall pass Gareth.

My eldest son was termed "The Hairy Hobo" for the last year, he has been appallingly attired and groomed. An embarrassment. He was very nearly turfed out of the hotel we were staying in (in a suite) in Paris until the security realized he was with us. Yes, it was THAT bad.

He however SHAVED this week, washed his hair without being asked and wore jeans with a clean ironed t-shirt instead of holey track dacks with a creased tee from the bottom of the pile.

A mothers nirvana? No... this was just the beginning. When he received his long awaited Drivers Licence he looked at the picture and cracked up laughing - said "Oh my God, I am a Hobo - seriously? Is that not a homeless and destitute insane man of about 40? What was I thinking!!"

Now THAT is a mothers NIRVANA.

Your day will come. Eventually.

I blame the parents for not instilling a sense of self-worth and discipline.

To save the rest of us from any more of them, please take you and your family to the local suicide booth to prevent the breeding of any future yobbos or chavs. î—ƒ
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
"Oh my God, I am a Hobo - seriously? Is that not a homeless and destitute insane man of about 40? What was I thinking!!"

MB, you'll be able to see for yourself eventually, when he is 40 and still living at home!! LOL

Rob, self-worth? lol

I have to wear sunglasses whenever he walks into the room, he absolutely loves himself, spends more time and money on hairdressing products than my wife, is currently into body-sculpting and has been used numerous times as a model in hair-dressing championships.

He wants to study sports medicine at Uni, so i'm hoping he will eventually be cured of this bogus/bogan infatuation, but from a parent's perspective, it cant happen quick enough.

As far as discipline? my other 3 sons are all paragons of virtue, with the oldest studing genetic engineering at uni.

I will always encourage my sons, but will never force my standards on them. too much discipline will always cause a rift between parent and son. Despite him taking a deviated journey i know he will get to the right place eventually, and in the meantime, we have one of the happiest, well sorted family units you could ever hope for (and I'm still proud of him, despite his flannel shirt! lol )

Actually, I had no say in the matter, my wife would typically take advantage of me when I was asleep!! lol

We didnt particularly want a girl, and 4 boys are great.

In fact, I tell people my wife is a single mum with 5 boys biggrin

Actually, I had no say in the matter, my wife would typically take advantage of me when I was asleep!! lol

yeah, you do look like their big brother

That's EXACTLY what it is like in my house.

I have to admit though when I was pregnant with the 4th (a surprise package) people were really pushy about wishing a girl for me, and asking if I am keeping on going until I get a girl, or trying for a girl.

Now I wouldn't have had an objection to having had a girl at any point, but by the time I had 3 son's and a surprise on the way - I WANTED another boy. Who has time to go shopping for all new pink stuff, toys and learn new parenting techniques. A boy meant pushing the repeat button and a harmonious existence. No big brother chopping the heads of the baby girls barbie dolls.

It is hectic. But I actually love being Mum to 4 (or is that 5) boys.

Ohhh... and I had this horrid vision of a boyfriend coming to pick up a girl with 3 older brothers - woe betide the man who broke her heart. I wouldn't wish that kind of existence on any girl - LOL!