Thought I'd start a thread about people's choice of stance.

Might be good for people who are experimenting with it, or for people starting out.

So please state regular/ fakie, switch, goofy (whatever) and front/rear foot angle.

also what kind of riding you do predominantly.

Me regular, duck stance +21 degrees / -15 degrees

I just got my first board, so I haven't been able to experiment yet. I did try putting my cartel est bindings in, just to try, and thought I'd start with a +1" from the front reference point, with a +17• front , -5 rear. Found it to be too wide and a little flat in just standing. Might go +22f -10R

I ride goofy,

back foot = 0deg

front foot = 21deg.

I set the front at +21deg because I was previously experiencing severe pain in my peroneal tendon while riding, and this increased front angle has got rid of that problem.

i'm still improving my fakies, but as a freerider, rather than freestyler, fakies arent so important! LOL

+16, -10

Natural

Freeriding

No park for me - too old and bleed too much

Feel retarded riding fakie but force myself to do it occasionally because like going to the gym...I know it has to be good for me in the long run.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
That could be more due to the amount of pressure, perhaps you were leaning too far forward/back?

Its actually hard to really isolate the problem, ive changed too many things at once:

- increased angle of front binding
- some improved inserts in the boots
- brand new bindings instead of rented ones
- continuing upward curve in ability/technique

either way, it doesnt hurt, and I'm very happy!! LOL

stance.JPEG

Seemore, here's one that shows the setback.

Some boards are designed for centre, some for setback and most boards have some description on it - where the centre is, etc. but you can fiddle around for sure. Importantly, you figure out how wide you want to stand and set the binding accordingly. You use the holes to work how how wide or narrow you want and change the setback. If you like unusually wide stance then find a board that accommodates that.

duck.JPEG

OK. this is what we mean by +/- . The example is what's called a duck stance.

A lot of hardcore freeriders, whether its soft boots or hard boots, prefers +/+ setup but thats up to you. Go for the feel !

I strongly recommend finding out your stance- my wife had been boarding +/+ since she was 14 but now she boards +18/-9 and she likes it better. She says she never thought about checking it out before.

It's easy to change it. 3 degrees increment. Don't tighten it up untill you decide which combination you will try out. Then tighten the bolts diagonally (like doing your car tires)

Good luck.