I was speaking to this guy the other night and he said that every year, around October, there is usually some sort of Fair where they sell lots of snow gear on the cheap. He couldn't remember where it was but said its usually in an exhibition centre, selling off all last years stuff. Anybody heard of this and got any more concrete details? wakaranai

I've heard of it but... no concrete deals at all. A friend of mine who lives in Okayama went to one there and bought some really cheap gear. I think it was put on by Murasaki sports. They probably happen all over the place... I'll email him to ask but not sure if he can be of any further help either...

Normally at the beginning of October but don't quote me on that

Just checked the event listing for Tokyo big site and there is nothing on there in regards to this within the next three months.

Since you are bigger and heavier bloke, I reckon you have more options out there. Like you can ride boards that's too stiff for me.

I'd be interested in Atomic Banger if I had your weight

Others I looked into are K2 Gyrator, Nitro Pantera ...

Also really expensive but Nickerdecker.

I have a Salomon Burner and it's supposed to be stiff but my 157 is perfect for my 5'8'' 120~130 lbs . I've heard others say it's too flexy and I don't know if it gets progressively stiffer when it's 163.

sorry I don't like Burton.