Booking Accommodation & Flights In Japan

This year I have decided to do my own bookings for the groups annual trip to Japan but I'm finding that trying to book internal flights (one world Yokso - Visit Japan Fare) and accommodation (Prince Hotel Group)I'm not able to book anything until three months out. We are travelling at the end of Jan 2010 but on every site I visit there is only accommodation/flights option up an until the End of Dec 2008.

Is this the norm? and do I have to wait until next Sept/Oct before I can make my bookings. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Yes call Japan Airlines direct they will sell you the internal airfares now, you can not do the special fares online, I was organising February March flights today. Call them on 1300 525 287

The Hotels take a little more research but you can book now but they may not be able to confirm the price until later. Ignor the booking forms and email the hotel direct and discuss your needs.

Well.... in fact, at some hotels you cannot book now.

I personally know of a fair few in my town and Yuzawa that have such policies, daft as they may seem.

My guess is that it is not just a Yuzawa/Minamiuonuma thing.