There's loads to find snowjunky.

I would recommend not rushing it in one area though - it's tempting for some people to do as much as they can in a day and thats not the best way to find all the good bits. wink

Yokoteyama - best powder in Japan, ever. Hardly anybody there skied the powder, and it was dumping for several days giving me some sick powder to ride party Had 2 good years there when the powder was just super dry, epic blower snow.

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
Yokoteyama - best powder in Japan, ever. Hardly anybody there skied the powder, and it was dumping for several days giving me some sick powder to ride party Had 2 good years there when the powder was just super dry, epic blower snow.

Hi,creek boy,do u have any recommendation of resort there?and any good onsen there to go?
Originally Posted By: bunlong
Originally Posted By: Creek Boy

Hi,creek boy,do u have any recommendation of resort there?and any good onsen there to go?

Hi Bunlong,

The resort area of Shiga Kogen that I went to is called Yokoteyama. It's not very big but has 2-3 good runs, and the tree runs there are good too. Right at the base of the lift there are several onsen Ryokans and hotels. It smells like rotten eggs because theyre sulfur, but theyre quite nice onsen smile If you have anymore questions please fire away.

Hi folks,

New to the forums but been a frequent reader of all the posts for quite a while.

Here are my two cents on Shiga Kogen:

1. Yakebitaiyama - nice tree runs to the skier's left of both gondolas

2. Ichinose Family - again, nice tree runs to the right of Ichinose and above Tan-ne no mori Okojyo when facing the mountain

Originally Posted By: I'm Sexy
Okushiga/Yakebitai
Yokoteyama
Terakoya
Higashiyama/Giant

So many good places, you will enjoy explore it.

Is it all these area also for snowboarder?
Originally Posted By: Mada
Hi folks,

New to the forums but been a frequent reader of all the posts for quite a while.

Here are my two cents on Shiga Kogen:

1. Yakebitaiyama - nice tree runs to the skier's left of both gondolas
2. Ichinose Family - again, nice tree runs to the right of Ichinose and above Tan-ne no mori Okojyo when facing the mountain

Thanx Mada, are these tree runs tracked out quickly after fresh snow?

snowjunky,

on the weekends the tree runs at yakebitaiyama do get tracked out by late morning/early afternoon as they're highly visible from the gondolas.. during a weekday it might be a different story, though..

not so for the tree runs at ichinose as they're a bit hidden..

Yes I think it will be better that weekends at Whistler

The most popular lifts can change from ski straight on to 25 minute wait.

Even though it wasn't busy I found the lifts at Yokoteyama to be realllllly slow and there was a 5 minute or so wait to get on there. They may even have been running slower than normal, I don't know, but it was very leisurely!

Originally Posted By: snowjunky
Yes I think it will be better that weekends at Whistler
The most popular lifts can change from ski straight on to 25 minute wait.

I would think so.

Friend of mine went weekdday this season and said he was worried he might not be found for a long time if he had an accident. And he was sticking to the official courses. veryshocked

yeah weekday whistler is peaceful heaven, like Japan - combined with Blackcomb it is easy to lose yourself