• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the Narita Express, direct to Shinjuku. Only once used skyliner once.

Also if travelling alone i always book the green car and get one of the single seats...

When I use the Skyliner, it is never busy going into Tokyo - always I get one of the 4 seat areas to myself. I can't think of one time when it has been busy enough for other people to sit nearby.

I have used the bus from Narita to Fujisawa, which is right through the other side of Tokyo and Yokohama, took a little longer than the train, but I didn't need to change, it was empty so I could lounge over a couple of seats and get a kip and was cheaper too. In fact i reckon I'm just gonna use the bus from now on

Yes. Of course it depends on where you're going, but you can more often than not get a lot closer to your hotel via Limousine Bus from Narita than the railways.

It's less expensive, but it takes longer, especially during peak commuting times or heavy travel seasons.

We use Limousene Bus, and think it is a very good option - especially for travellers with bags (like snowgear).

We got caught out a bit last trip that our hotel had a direct Narita to hotel service, but not one to Haneda - and it seems many of the hotels do not enjoy both. So we had to get 3 cabs on the morning of our flight from Haneda (all of the big maxi taxi's were booked out even a few days ahead) - and it was a squeeze! We managed, but it was not optimal.

This time around before booking the hotel I have check out which hotels have the luxury of BOTH Narita and Haneda Limousene bus service, and will choose from them. I have my preference and a price for online booking, but have flicked it to the travel agent to see what he can come up with.

That's about right.

It may take a little longer than the train, but the "door to door" really helps. The time/distance spent lugging suitcases and sports equipment around is decreased significantly, especially inside the airport terminal! Once your bags are stowed underneath, you can just recline in your seat and chill until they call out your hotel - no worries, no stress.

That whole "relax and chill" thing after a long overseas flight is usually why I'll take the JR NEX if I have to take the train.

yeah but you still have to walk the short distance with bags/kids/skis to Keio....

Bus goes directly to the foyer and those nice gentleman in green suits carry them for you!

None of that comng down to where I live.....bus sets off on the highway, stops once at Totsuka then hits Fujisawa Station, I live 5 mins walk from the station....nice