Car: I have gone around in circles 3 times on this purchase. In the end I have chosen not to invite the expense and hassle at this stage (not to mention the licence issues that have plagued me). If I was to buy one, I would have done so by now anyway and be at Izu every weekend!

As for the double backflip, you are probably right, I wont do one, but then you did say something similar last year, ne? :p

Yeah, and I believed it. You should really reconsider on the car thing man. You gotta live a little. What if you injure yourself and can't snowboard in 5 years. You are gonna wish you had lived it up when you were in Japan. And thing about how much money you will be saving in Shink fares. With us all pitching in on gas and tolls it won't be much of an expense at all. Barok got the Caldina for like 1200Yen! How many times did you take the shink to Nagano last year? You better believe when I am back we are gonna be hittin it up just as much if not more brutha.

db needs a pimpmobile.

Help me out her Danz, Mr.S*...

is there such a thing as el nino or la nina effecting japan? back in the pnw we were either screwed or blessed by this odd water effect off the coast of Chile. Anything similar to that in this region? i was able to compile some interesting predictions based off of water temperatures around the pacific region and thus could tell when the big dumps were going to be. it worked out pretty well in scheduling "sick days" from work.

• 3 weeks later...

I think because of the weather of this summer, winter will arrive in October with 2 meters piling up the side of the Hakuba roads by November. It will then stretch on through the spring until May, when it will get hot.

In the meantime, I will have been given a Japan season pass, or at least won as many tickets as possible on this site - and be able to afford making the most of the bumper 7 month season that awaits us.

• 1 year later...