I can't believe it's not a real woman!!!

veryshocked

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/fashionnews/5000769/Japanese-catwalk-robot-unveiled.html

Quote:
The female humanoid with slightly oversized eyes, a tiny nose and shoulder-length hair boasts 42 motion motors programmed to mimic the movements of flesh-and-blood fashion models.

"Hello everybody, I am cybernetic human HRP-4C," said the futuristic fashionista, opening her media premiere at the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology outside Tokyo.

The fashion-bot is 5ft 2 ins, the average height of young Japanese women, but weighs in at a waiflike 95 pounds (43 kilos) – including batteries.

Appearing before photographers and television crews, the seductive cyborg struck poses, flashed smiles and pouted sulkily according to commands transmitted wirelessly via bluetooth devices.

Originally Posted By: thursday
The only thing I can see these things being useful would be vaccuming, ironing, washing up. Won't trust their cooking skills though.

you still talking about women? wink

Until they have good enough processing, long enough battery life, and strong enough arms to, 1) go to the convenience store and buy beer, 2) carry said beer back home, and 3) open said bottles/cans of beer for me, I don't want a robot.

That somewhat-less-creepy-looking Honda ASIMO robot can't do the whole beer routine. Why the heck build a humanoid robot if its arms are too weak to lift common items, and its hands aren't strong enough at the wrists or fingers to grip or twist stuff that even a toddler could?

Useless!