The UK has seen some very uncharacteristic weather over the last year or so (and more). What about Japan? Is it going a bit wonky over there too? And the big question is whether myself and BOC will have a blockbustering winter snow when we're there...

\:D

Not Japan i know but we have had some very warm weather here. We had a system just go thru that pissed down rain on our snowfields for like a solid day or two. They reckon about 40-50cm of snow has been lost and there have been areas of flash flooding. Just crazy. We need snow!!!!!!!

I think we will see a lot more freaky weather in years to come. The only real question is how freaky will it have to get before those of us in rich countries (thats all the ones where people can afford to pay money to slide on snow) will wake up to the fact that if you want to screw nature, nature will screw you with interest. As people who enjoy the mountains we have a special responsibility to pass on whats really happening becase you dont really notice much is wrong from the air condidtioned comfort of your mega car.

Well Japan has been having a wierd summer too..i.e no summer really just an extension of the June/July rainy season. Next week should be some sun!

So, it's anybody's guess if this winters weather will be 'normal'. Fingers crossed...