Hi, everybody!

I'm visiting Japan with my famiily in March. It will be just a week tour. As we live close to Hokkido (the next island to the North), we have ski area, which is not bad, but for sure not as nice as in Japan. We are planning to stay in Sapporo for three days, and then want to have short ski trip to Niseko. As I read in another topic, this spring may be unusually warm. March, 24-26 are the dates we may come to Niseko. Because of that, I don't want to book the hostel beforehand: if no snow, visiting resort wouldn't be worth. Most of the hotels have strict booking polisy with no refund. The question is if I could rely on available accomodations when coming? I also could make a call from Sapporo for reservations.

Thanks a lot for your responds.

Oh, yes! I'm through this list of hostels. Most of them are too expensive for me though. Thanks anyway! I will probably make a reservations form Sapporo just before coming following your advice. I need just one room with twin & sofa. Hopefully that wouldn't be a problem?

Sanchous, you are from Sakhalin...very interesting...don't want to get into politics but tell us what it's like there. You are Russian nationality, but Japanese or Ainu descent? Fisherman or military? how long have you lived there?

No politics in skiing for sure. smile I've been living here as long as I can remember myself. dance

Most of Sakhalin population are Russians, lots of Koreans though. After World War 2 their parents, and grands stayed on island. There are also Ainu and Japanese, however not many.

Oil and gas brought lots of expats last 5-10 years. I have some friends from the USA, Canada, Australia, Europe.

I'm fishing and hunting just for fun, not a lot. That's it. If you are interested in some more information, send me PM, I will answer. Just don't want to be knocked out by editor smile

Originally Posted By: Sanchous
No politics in skiing for sure. smile I've been living here as long as I can remember myself. dance
Most of Sakhalin population are Russians, lots of Koreans though. After World War 2 their parents, and grands stayed on island. There are also Ainu and Japanese, however not many.
Oil and gas brought lots of expats last 5-10 years. I have some friends from the USA, Canada, Australia, Europe.
I'm fishing and hunting just for fun, not a lot. That's it. If you are interested in some more information, send me PM, I will answer. Just don't want to be knocked out by editor smile

you're more likely to get knocked out by vodka than the editor.