Just a quick explanation about the Forums yesterday

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi folks. The Forums back online again.

I just thought it was a good opportunity to say a few words about the few times in the last few weeks when we have had to turn the Forums off. For differing reasons actually, but each time we thought it necessary to do so in order to protect the Forums and prevent possible worse things happening. Without going into technical details the first time was due to us moving server which is always not easy especially for something this size. We did not plan to do that mid-season, but circumstance informed us it was the best thing to do. Yesterday a different technical security problem made us turn the Forums off as we looked into it and created a solution - which we have now implemented.

We're not at all happy about turning the Forums off, even for a few minutes and so to do so for a day at a time is a last resort. In the big picture, it has only been a very short time, but still we would prefer not to have to have done that. So please accept apologies and we can only say that it was necessary if we are to do our job looking after the Forums as a whole and this community.

The good news is that I now believe we won't be facing this again in the near future.

It's not 5am and time for a rest.

Thanks again!

indeed guys - we know the hard work you do and appreciate it very much. We might have had withdrawal symptoms for the short time but these things must be done wink

well done and put down the coffee

Originally Posted By: JA
All good now!

I'll admit to a bit of "withdrawl" symptoms, but not life threatening.

1170566342_2107cc7223_m.jpg

Otsukaresama indeed!

haha I love when I see the sleeping salary man on the train!!

I once saw one who was sitting next to a very decent looking OL lady. He was so drunk and slobbering all over her shoulder and suddenly his head fell into her lap. She didn't seem to have the courage to do anything, so for at least a minute he was there with his head face down in her crotch! It took yours truly to save her and give him a big prod and a right good telling off. grandpa