Hi all

Well my friends and I had a holiday (loosely) planned in a few places in Nagano and Niigata but we're seriously considering making a few changes and going north due to the snow conditions. It just doesn't seem to be happening in those places this season and doesn't look like there's much on the horizon on the short term and they seem to be saying a 'warmer than usual March' as well. That doesn't sound too tempting. On the other hand, Niseko seems to be having a very decent season up there.

It would involve a bit of cost, but we're ok with that as taking the trip to be rained on and have late spring conditions in early March doesn't sound that appealing to be honest.

What you reckon?

I say go to Hokkaido. In my experience, when we have the kind of the season we are having in Nagano/Niigata area things tend to end quickly here. I'm actually considering a trip to Niseko mid-March myself after what I witnessed at a few of my regular resorts (in Niigata) last weekend. Unless there are some really epic snowfalls soon (highly doubtful) I won't be heading back to Niigata this season.

Don't get me wrong, I've been lucky with some really great conditions but I have the luxury of being able to make day trips and get random days off when we are blessed with snow.

Good luck! Hope you get some great days!