I'm on a work trip to Japan that's going to have a day off were I need to get from Nagoya to Tokyo. I was hoping to use this for a day skiing and was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best place to go that's easy to get to from Nagoya in the morning and to get back to Tokyo afterward.

Many thnks,

Colin

As far as I know there is know where to ski near Nagoya? people who live in that area may be able to help you better. But between Tokyo and Nagoya I guess either Fujiten, but as I guess you will be using the shinkansen, not sure if it stops in that area, otherwise if you can go a little beyond Nagoya how about one of the ski resorts in Gifu? Again I guess someone here is living in one of those areas might be able to give you more help.

How long is the train from Nagoya to Tokyo?

Just to give you an idea the area I am in is 80 minutes from Tokyo by shinkansen (but in a different direction to where you are coming from). Unless there's something close to your shink, it sounds like a really tough call!

Fujiten by train is only accessible from Kawaguchi-eki (station) which means you have to get to Matsumoto or Tokyo first, this would be a really bad option. C et L, are you driving or taking the train? By train you will have a really hard time finding anyway to get a ski in if you have only one day to travel between Nagoya and Tokyo. The shinkansen (bullet train) between Nagoya and Tokyo runs through Shizuoka (where I live) and the only place to ski locally here isn't worth getting off the train for. We don't have winter here in Shizuoka and it has only ever snowed 1 time in the 5 years that I have lived here!!