im not going to be able to go until february sometime as i will be spending most of december and part of jan in australia...

im thinking i will go to mont st anne or mount tremblant in quebec for a week in feb.

on my return flight back to japan in april i will head to whistler blackcomb and possibly interior BC for a bit.

this is all dependent on whether or not i get a McJob.

amandanism

mt saint anne is cold

mount tremblant is a bit better and the sence rocks. tons of small great resorts that you can hit on the road up to mount tremblant.

check out this places its in the lauerintains mount sutton all tree skiing for all levels

sweet thanks for the heads up.

fattwins,

seeing as youre originally from around here: have you ever checked out the ski/board expo in toronto the weekend after thanksgiving? i dont know how long its been going on, but im quite inclined to check it out in hope i can get a good travel deal and check out some equipment.

i need to pick up some gear any shop recommendations in the toronto area?

My First Ski This Season.

It has already been visualised a few times in my head. Using my new alpine treckers and skins we're going to walk up to the top of the local ski hill via the less steep round about way then were going to ski down the steapest corse getting face shots the whole way down. Possibly repeat if time allows.

The following weekend the ski area will open and well ski every spare day from then on in.

jared youll sweat i did the first time i hiked 3000 feet early in the season.

amandanism the show is pretty full on lots of info. go looking for deals. the last day there will be tons of deals. when in doubt dont buy.

as for resorts in the area only blue mountain is worth the money. to stay away from the crowds ski the north side.ps powder is few and far between watch the blowing snow and drifts on the drive up.

trust me everywhere else lies about their verical except blue. lots of cheap rooms 10 minutes down the road. pay by room not person.

if you get invited to a ski club take up the offer they sit on the best terrain. georgian peaks or some others around the blue mountain area are pretty nice.