ok last (maybe) of the zwelgen ski questions

been looking/researching and have just about narrowed it down. Just wondering what people on the board reckon about K2 skis, am looking at the K2 T:nine X

domo \:\)

I remember back in July, when I was in Canuckland, I went into a sports shop with a fairly good array of snow equipment and asked in a plain, normal tone: "Do you have any K2s?" as I was especially interested in their twin-tips. The lady I was addressing turned her head and yelled to a colleague "Hey he wants to know whether we sell K2s here" in a tone obviously laced with cynicism. The reply that flew back was equally pleasant: "Sorry, we don't sell garage here".

I was quite taken aback by this, especially since I've always thought the Canucks are usually very laid back and easy going. Must have entered a taboo area or something. wakaranai.gif

i know you dont like the flower skis but they would do you better. or try the dynastar lbfs they have your big fat dragon. http://www.dynastar.com/default2.asp

if you want to ride the pipe and park ski the pow and have a fire breathing dragon melting the snow then buy these things. dont buy anything but a twintip please dont its the present and future of the sport. do not buy the t nines too normal a ski your friends will blow by you.

ou she said she wanted a pair of skis that have a fire breathing dragon on them, thus the lbfs.

My point is simple dont go skinny. go fat and go twin. If you want to jump even a little or ride any pipe twins make it that much easier and fun.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Lots to think about. Am off to Colorado in Nov for the season so mostly riding whatever I can get there.

I went skiing on Wednesday (yep at Turoa where the avalanche was - crazy!) and had rentals. I was soooo glad they werent mine because of the amount of rocks I skied over Id have to be doing some repair work and Id almost rather pay out 20 bucks and not have to worry.

Right lots more to think about. So what do people think of 1080s? That was second on my list (esp as the new season ones are a sexy electric blue!)

Im about 168cm tall 60kg

if you buy them buy them in 180 to float in the powder. dane bought tehm in 170 but he does have powder skis. they are very light and centermounted. centermounted gives you less floatation its like loosing 5 or more cms of a traditional ski. its not a bad choice for you though. if your going to buy in america listen to what they say. alot of them might have pow skis.

as a rule i would not get anything with less than an 80 mm waist. that amount of waist will let you float more. the first half of the day will feel funny on them cause youve never been centermounted youll get your balance soon enough.

you did see the fire breathing dragon on the dynastars though right.

Yeah 1080s are a solid ski.Can`t say I`ve had any problems with mine.They handle most conditions well. Only on deep POW days they let down cause they are too narrow (mine are> a few years agos model) But the current model are a little wider.They also chatter at high speeds too.