Nagano and Niigata... opinions on rad resorts!

Happy hump day! evilgrin

Was wondering about opinions about your fav rad spots to board in Nagano and Niigata area. Don't worry, not looking to steal any secrets (but feel free to let me in on a few, if you're so inclinded smile )

I've been boarding in both areas for the last 5 years and have gone to almost all of the major resorts and of all the places I've been I find that Myoko is one of the best areas for my style of riding. I'm not really into riding piste or park and spend most of my time dodging trees. Myoko seems to have the most relax off-piste policies and fewest crowds. Granted the terrain isn't all that challenging but the crowds and strictness of other resorts (especially in the Hakuba area) are real draw backs to enjoying those places...

Any thoughts?

There was a lot of riding of untouched powder going on in Nozawa this morning. They seem to have opened up areas that I am sure didn't used to be with signs basically saying go and take responsibility if something happens. Lots to choose from in Nozawa I'd say.

Nozawa, eh? I'll have to go there on a weekday I suppose as I've always felt it was too crowded for my likes... maybe it has something to do with the lift set up there. I always find that if you aren't boarding in Yamabiko you're spending too much time skating or even walking between lifts. It's getting popular with the aussy crowd, isn't it?!

Is Nozawa your pick then for rad resorts? What do you think about the terrain there?

Sadly, I'm not the most "rad" of people so you'll have to ask someone blessed with being so. wink

There is lots of untouched areas though and lots of trees.

It wasn't busy today, and yes there were lots of Aussies there. Quite surprising actually, way more than the resorts round here (Niigata).

Anyway, I'll be posting some pics and more info tomorrow.