Is it just me or with everyone so busy busy, many people often just throw off an email that's is unclear as to the point and also frankly often just impolite?

At work, colleagues will send emails that at times just do not make any sense. They are so unclear that I have to either reply and ask for clarification and/or pick up the phone. And they come across as bad mannered and short (as in tempered rather than in words, though they are short like that too).

I'm sure if people just spent a few moments writing a proper mail and thought through what they wanted to say rather than just streaming whats in their own head withour thought then more time would ultimately be saved on both sides.

It really annoys me and seems to be getting worse.

I want to retire.

lol Some one sent me an email the other day an it was in text and I had absolutely NO IDEA what the heck they were talking about so I just deleted it.

Same as people who send jokes and poems etc that are SOOOOOOOO LONG. I just don't have the time and can't be bothered reading them DELETED!! Funny pictures I can deal with INSTANT Gratification.

Drives me crazy when people aren't clear - and I hear a lot of it. I just refuse to do things and ask them again and again until they actually tell you what they need. (Programming, kinda need to know what the specs are)

Hear ya, @tokyo! There's a huge difference between what the client says they want and what they actually need! The problem is getting them to state the latter rather than just the former (over and over!)

Clarity is the essence of good communication.