Hoping for some information about the Takkyubin service from Tokyo to Hokkaido.

We have skis which are in the 190cm range and would like to use the Takkyubin.

However, I read on a couple of websites that the maximum size for Takkyubin is only 160cm for Length + Width + Height.

Has anyone experience with Takyubin shipping skis that are 190cm or longer?

You will not have any trouble wth sending 190 skis. They will take most things.

Go for the one with the Cat holding the kitten.

If you're arriving at Narita Airport. Just turn left as you come out of arrivals and you will find them.

yep i think your right about the size limits. Some places you specifically have to ask for the Yamano-bin service (if your using black cat / kuro neko / yamano). The yamano bin service is the oversize version of takkyubin and will take skiis, bikes etc at similar reasonable price.

I think this is what people have been using when they refer to takkyubin.

You wont have any trouble at the airport, it only comes up if you are in the back of beyond and the guy behind the counter is an idiot and you specifically ask for takkyubin. Then he'll say imposible without thinking of offering you an alternative.

I had a pair of 180s and a couple of pairs of 140s sent Narita to Furano last January with no problem. They didn't even bother to measure the bags etc, so this year we will be packing 2 pairs of skis in one ski bag (with polesas well) for transport. We used the "Black Cat" mob and are intending to do so again.

benefit of the doubt - still time for a response. First post was only 2 days ago. Not everyone is a forum addict - some people (not me, I note) have a life outside of a PC.