Hi All

I'm flying into Tokyo at the crack of dawn on the 28/12. We were originally going to Naeba straight off but have since had our accommodation cancelled!

Now we are giving thought to Myoko. Can someone give me some advice as to where is best to go out of Naeba, Myoko or Yuzawa?

There are 7 of us and am trying to find the easiest way to get some quality snow for 3 days immediately after flying in before heading back to Tokyo for New Years. We will be hitting up Hakuba post new years.

Criteria is:

Easy to get to from Tokyo

Good nightlife or at least somewhere to have a beer

Sensational snow!

Any help would be great!

I think you can catch the shinkansen to Echigo-Yuzawa station and from there it is about a 40-50min bus to Naeba.. I think there will be resorts which are much closer to Echigo-Yuzawa station though.. I'll find out about the night life in Naeba in about a month biggrin

If you are going to Myoko then I think any of the "nightlife" that is there is in Akakura. I went to Suginohara last year, awesome snow but the village is just a collection of pensions. We found one small bar.

It depends what you want, but I'd guess the nightlife has more variety in Yuzawa. Myoko definitely has the better snow, but a very quiet town. But if yer coming New Years', the village will be hopping in Myoko as well. No clubs in Myoko.