For anyone living in Tokyo or Saitama, and are super despirate to go skiing and absolutely cannot wait, you can always go skiing in Sayama, they have an indoor ski slope right by the station.

Never tried it myself, I am patient enough to wait for the real stuff, but just thought I would mention it.

And also has anyone ever actually tried an artificle snow slope?

My image is that you be at the bottom before you hardly left the top, as it is only short, but have sometimes wondered if it is any good or not. I would assume it is just for beginners?

I spent a day at Europes biggest (longest) indoor ski slope near Maastricht in the Netherlands. I spent the day practising to ride switch. Other than that the only plus for me was I got out of Maastricht for the day. I suppose they're good if you want ride the rails or learn.

It's not I looked at the prices, on the internet, same as a small resort, a rip off! For the same money in just a few weeks can enjoy the real stuff and real outside atmosphere.

Talking of that, has anyone ever skiied the Naeba slope that has the false snow at the beginning of the season? Never really see why they need to bother making false snow when the area gets major dumps anyway and is covered in metres of snow, guess they must be desperate to get money, oh well whatever!