I wish I had more patience

I am impatient. I know it I will admit it. I wish I was more patient.

Package arrived at Narita this morning FedEx and has been sitting there "Package available for clearance" since then. I WANT IT NOW!!!!! lol

How's everyone else - patient or not? How do I get to be more I wonder....!

I hear ya Seedy!

Packages and waiting gives me the pip!

I went out for an hour today - and sure enough while I was out (depsite my cleaner being here the whole time) I got a delivery - did they leave it - NO! Just stuck a card in the mail telling me I can collect it after 4.30pm today from the local post office. Oh and yes that would be the local post office in the midst of redevelopment choas that you can not find parking within cooooeeee of...right? Yes! thats the one.

B@st@rds - been there twice already this week!!!

Haha I'm like that too. Can't complain much about delivery times within Japan here though, you can order something one day from a long way off and get it the next day.

Sitting in customs though, that's a killer! Are they not that quick pushing things through?

My big beef is with "courier" companies who claim to deliver "door to door".

Now, I live 10km from the main road over a sealed tar road the whole way. They will either deliver to the PO (which is on the main road) or not deliver and hold it at the depot. IF the sender has managed to advise them that I have a phone, and that they should call, I will get a call when it suits them. Otherwise they'll return it to the sender.

On occasion, I have advised the sender that they should tell the courier company to call me when the package arrives in depot, so I can arrange a time to collect, but the sender assumes that the delivery will happen "to my door" as the couriers advertise.

The fact that the courier that the sender contracts with may not go beyond the Capital City, and subcontracts to another (and maybe another and another) company to get to my town complicates matters - they rarely seem to communicate detils with each other, just chuck the parcel on and off again, and that's it!

JA - I live 15 minutes from the CBD, and literally 5 houses back from a main arterial road into the city, yet I had similar happen with a courier this past week.

I ordered some party plan items - they were 'attempted delivery' on the Monday (last week) - of course without any heads up that I needed to be home to sign for the item on that day.. (was working anyway)..

I got the sorry we missed you card on tuesday evening when I checked the mail and rang them on the Wednesday. I authorised drop and leave unreciepted for Thursday or advised I would be home all day Friday. Which I was. No parcel.

I rang Monday late afternoon after still no sign of it on Monday....and was told a K Hunt signed for the parcel on Friday. After numerous phone calls and some detective work on thier part it was discovered that the driver couldn't fagged making any deliveries in Claremont that day so he just dumped every parcel at Australia Post Office in Claremont town and got the lady there to sign for it. No idea if I would have ever seen my parcel if I had not called and kicked up a fuss. In the end I had to go in and collect a parcel that I paid EXTRA to have delivered rather than collect from the hosts home....aarrrrggghhhh!!!!

So while I understand and feel your pain for rural neglect by couriers don't be mislead to think they service the city customers any better!!!

You might have to wait a few days there I'm afraid. While the times on either side of the ocean are fast, that customs bit can really slow it down. I remember once it took one package over 2 days in that limbo. Hope it is quicker for you!

mamab what do you expect from Australia post. Even the big fedex, DHL and that crap compare nothing to the efficient japanese carriers.

Fedex apparently came to my door and left a note coz I wasn't home. I was home and saw this on the net tracking and no card was left. I rang them to tell them WTF? and they told me that the guy was a supervisor and couldn't have possibly made a mistake and I'd have to wait until tomorrow am when they run past again. Turns out the guy went to the wrong place (DUH!) and came around a few hours later!

Up here in Ballina, customer service is non existent because most business are monopolies. Furniture store didn't even call to check for a delivery time and just rocked up, rang and abused me that we weren't there! (we hadn't even signed the lease and yet to get the keys!)

at least the surf is good...

What is it with no customer service from these people huh Indo.

We were at kids water polo on Saturday and a friend got a NASTY phone call from a carpet cleaner wanting to know why the heck she was not at home (at 10.15am) for a between 11.30 and 12.00 noon booking for carpet cleaning service ..... her kid spewed on the bedroom floor <choice>.

Anyhoooo...when she told him she would be there at 11.30 as that was the time she could get there after her son's water polo game finsihed and the earliest of the time range booked for...he told her to "stuff off and rebook it some time next week lady coz I aint hanging around"

AArrrggghhhh

So you got your parcel yet seedy????

Hey, mama, What company? I'd be willing to spread the word about the serious lack of service (and deplorable customer relations) displayed by this idiot!

Originally Posted By: JA
Hey, mama, What company? I'd be willing to spread the word about the serious lack of service (and deplorable customer relations) displayed by this idiot!

thumbsupGood for you JA!
No idea who - I never asked ... she found them in the yellow pages - I suppose if I had any carpets at all in my house I might have been motivated to ask so I never booked them - being in the area and all ... but we have tiled wet area's and old jarrah floorboards elsewhere. Mind you - I could seriously go finding a company that does repolishing of waxed boards!!! confused

Have to say something - some post office dude rang the doorbell, and I went to answer it but he was already on the way f**king off. Shouted at him in Japanese what he thought he was doing, and he simply said 'ok?'