Great idea neversummer,

We did notice that when we did not have red meat for dinner our recovery was slower and the aches worse the next day. But red meat for dinner every night limits your options. I use protein Powder at home - I am definitely going to pack some for Janaury. My kids are using it pre-swim training 3 nights a week at the moment and it is helping them with recovery as well. thumbsupAwesome Tip

Protein recovery drinks work great, especially when you're doing an activity for days in a row. I started using it for MTB stage races where I was working pretty hard for 5 days straight, but still use it post-ride, or on snowboarding days. Definitely makes a big difference the next day! If possible, try taking you recovery drink within an hour (half-hour is better) of finishing your exercise - your body will absorb the nutrients better in this time period.

I'll have to try the magnesium this season too.

regular user of protein shakes in conjunction with my heavy gym workouts. the stuff helps your muscles recover heaps faster. remember most of these powders are designed to aid in muscle growth and development, if you want to use it just for recovery, there is protein powders that also have small amounts of creatine in them solely for recovery purposes. I would recommend one of these, they're much more effective at making you less sore in the morning.

like Ezorisu said, if you want it to help. get it into you asap after you're done. less than 20 minutes is optimal. but definately within the hour.

Good Tip FGTX Mr Snowhunter drinks protein drinks everyday at home when training but I have never been into them. We are going to bring some with us.

May start tomorrow have over done the pre trip training and done a few injuries that need a quick repair!!