Chechk this out, at least the staff might be more interested in their work - even if "the faces are blurred". lol

Quote:
New 'strip search' full body scanners being trialled in Australia will show people's private parts, officials have admitted.

But to spare their blushes, the faces of passengers will be blurred.

Domestic travellers leaving Melbourne airport over the next six weeks will be asked to test the new security scanners that can see through clothing.

The X-ray backscatter body scanner has been described by critics as a "virtual strip search."

article-1077800-021F42C2000005DC-703_468

It was on TV last night - one thing their so-called investigative report omitted was the level of radiation you receive for each scan.

I'd be really worried if I were a frequent flyer e.g. business person, etc.

It seems the 'terrorists' have achieved one of their goals - make the West spend ridiculous amounts of money on the likelihood of a threat.

Easier to forget the political correctness and just scan those who are descended from particular backgrounds.

If I am not mistaken the black bits you refer to thursday are his belt buckle and zipper! LOL!!! And I think he is wearing budgie smugglers or tight pants from the tucked up position of his tackle.

I am interested in what the black dots are just below her left shoulder and on his right thigh....

It does seem as if the body stops the image - so you need a 360 scan to see all the way around (it doesn't scan through) - so I can think of a few places things could be stashed out of sight of the scanner....uncomfortable yes, but possible!

Originally Posted By: thursday
whats that dued got strapped to his nads?

descended from particular backgrounds? Ethnic profiling. You there, darkie, come here, lets have some radiation. Not you, whitey, move along.

What's wrong with ethnic profiling? It's been used as a scare campaign in the media and by the so-called freedom-from-everything brigade.

You presume I'm a WASP - which I am not. Skin colour has nothing to do with it, for example, the Catholic/Muslim/Jewish/Buddist/Hindu religions have people from all walks of life.

Identifying likely candidates based on their ethnic/cultural/religious background is not wrong, in fact, if I were a moderate person from a country or cultural/religious background that was known to habour terrorist inclinations, I'd be bloody glad they used ethnic profiling instead of a one-shoe-fits-all approach.

Some Oz airports are "trialling" these, they have a "stand here" location and the mm wavelength radiation source.detector rotates around you. It was featured on a number of programs over the past week.

An article appeared in The Australian newspaper (a 'quality' broadsheet paper) with some explanations.

Lots of noise about invasions of privacy, but the person viewing the images is remote from the scanner, so cannot link a person with an image, can only advise security personnel at the scanner to "get that one" for a physical search. Images cannot be saved or retrieved, so they are discarded as soon as the person moves from the scanner. I don't see the problem, but then I'm hung! wink

Originally Posted By: SubZero
It was on TV last night - one thing their so-called investigative report omitted was the level of radiation you receive for each scan.

I'd be really worried if I were a frequent flyer e.g. business person, etc.

I read that due to the amount of radiation recieved each scan a person would have to travel through one of these things 10,000 times in one year to exceed the annual recommended safe limit of radiation exposure.

Although if you had a couple of x-rays, used your poorly sealed microwave regularly AND were a frequent flyer then the cumulative effects could indeed be a cause for concern.

Its about bloody time, Total Recall had this waaaaay back in the early nineties!! Only it was much cooler, looked right through to the skeleton....oh well I guess those Martians are way more technologically advanced than us

That is one ugly looking woman!!!

Originally Posted By: oblivion
And is that a mouse on his shoulder?

Looks more like an Ezorisu to me - in attack mode. lol

I saw some incredible Ezorisu moves up on Mount Moiwa the other day - a border dispute, by the looks. You could take those moves straight onto the dance floor!

On a more serious note, Trolley Dollies already have one of the highest rates of miscarriage, apparently caused by the radiation on airplanes. Sad to think they'll now be getting zapped more, even if it is a low dose each time.

If "trolley dollies" are the hostesses, I doubt they'd be being continuously scanned, they are hardly a security risk once they've been vetted by the airline and scanned a few times.

The body scan is, at this point, a voluntary thing, if you have a problem with the "privacy" thing, don't go there! Simple!

Originally Posted By: Greenroome
Originally Posted By: oblivion
And is that a mouse on his shoulder?

Looks more like an Ezorisu to me - in attack mode. lol

I saw some incredible Ezorisu moves up on Mount Moiwa the other day - a border dispute, by the looks. You could take those moves straight onto the dance floor!

I've been found out! lol

That wasn't me squabbling over territory by the way...